I love candles, brightness and fried things… So, not surprisingly I love latkes and Hanukkah. Every year, this time of the year I look for recipes to capture and create for all the latkes that I can find. I decided this year to actually capture that experience virtually. Scope through my virtual journey and share my findings.
May the festival of lights bring brightness to you and yours.
So, here is what I found.
- Melissa Clark’s Classic Potato Latkes from New York Times
- Perfect Crispy Latkes from Tory Avey with tips on the Crisp Factor
- Food Network Latkes
- My almost classic potato Latkes
- Potato Latkes from the Splendid Table
- Potato Latkes from Real Simple
- Potato Latkes from Saveur
- A caviar topped version from Smitten Kitchen
- Another one that looked convincing
- An Indian Spiced Latke from Food 52 (I told you, I was not alone)
Latkes – Beyond Potatoes, some of these are really good!
14. Sweet Potato Latkes from my Jewish Learning
- Waffled Vegetable Latkes from Skinny Taste
Harvest Latkes from yours truly
17. Tri-Color Veggie Latkes from Genius Kitchen (now this one has leeks, I’m in)
18. Roasted Root Vegetable Latkes (another one I am excited to check out)
- Root Vegetable Latkes from Leite’s Culinaria
Colorful Vegetable Latkes from Kosher.com
And one more for the balanced kitchen
And for the road, my zucchini and vegetable pancakes
Not really latkes, but seriously good fried stuff and Gluten-free to boot..
23. Pumpkin pakoras – Chickpea Flour coated pumpkin fritters
- Kale and Red Onion Pakoras
25. Radish and Scallion Pakoras
26. Vegetable Pakoras from I love Vegan
29. Corn Pakoras
30. Palak or Spinach Pakoras
Fixing and Toppings to make the dish complete
31. Applesauce from simply recipes
- Classic Applesauce from Martha Stewart
Applesauce with dates and star anise
8 epic toppings for latkes from the Joy of Kosher
8 more wacky ways to top the latkes from Food 52
- Love the idea of a feta and sour cream sauce
39. Basil Pesto, why not?
40. Jalapeno Dill Sauce, sounds like another winner
And something sweet to complete the meal, doughnuts all the way…
- Stained Glass Cookies
Chocolate Babka, there is always a reason for these.
Coconut Macaroons a perfect treat for all occasions
Striped Star of David Cookies
Pumpkin Jelly Doughnuts with Cranberry Jelly
Mom’s Apple Fritters
And the Washington post version
So, whatever your inclination or fancy this winter season, may your table be filled with wonderful delicious food.