It is that time of the year, when I resurrect my chicken wing recipes. This one is always high on my list, something about that Hoisin and Sriracha magic that calls my name.
Now, just because I really do not completely follow Superbowl does not mean, that I cannot cook up a recipe for wings in time for the big game. I can cook it and if you try it, you will agree like me that it is pretty good.
And let me tell you it is easy and not terribly unhealthy. So there! Now you have a super easy Asian Inspired recipe for Hoisin and Scallion Chicken Wings that you can surprise your friends with. Weekends especially Sundays are about something special, today I made it work with these insanely easy and flavorful chicken wings. I had actually assembled them earlier, so all I did was turn on the oven and bake them.
I have to confess, this recipe is getting out there really as a challenge to myself. For all my professions of seasonal eating, I never get posts up in time for the events. I have lofty ambitions for Valentine’s Day ( who knows, I just might make it this year!), Thankgiving and almost any other event that you can thing about. This weekend I had tried these chicken wings and we all loved them.
It true predictable fashion, this has been one busy book. I have also been trying to fit some food writings, however looks I like this recipe so much that I did work through it in time for Sunday if you choose.
The magic ingredient here is hoisin sauce, yes, sticky sweet hoisin the peeking duck kind. Actually I seem to have a bottle of the stuff that I am not quite doing enough with, so you will see some of it show up in various dishes here and there over the next few weeks. I will warn you that this recipe has almost all of the ingredients in the title and they really are super simple.
A simple sticky and spicy recipe for Asian Inspired Hoisin and Scallion Chicken Wings with a nice dose of ginger.
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon sriracha sauce (or any other chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 pounds of chicken wings
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Sesame Seeds to garnish
- In a mixing bowl mix together the hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, grated ginger and the sesame oil.
- Toss the chicken wings in the mixture and marinate for 2 to 3 hours or overnight. I usually place this in a ziplock bag and set aside.
- Pre-Heat the oven to 375 degrees and place the wings in a casserole and bake for 20 minutes, until soft and sticky.
- Remove from the oven place in a serving dish and toss with the scallions and sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.